Sunday, June 17, 2012

THE UAW BAILOUT by Obama...




THE DETROIT NEWS: Bailout good for Detroit, but really good for UAW (June 14, 2012).

During this election year you will hear a lot about the government bailout of GM & Chrysler; Obama will take credit for it and Romney will challenge its wisdom as far as taxpayer dollars are concerned…Romney says he could have done it differently.

The one fact that all must agree on is that the bailout did save GM & Chrysler’s asses and preserved jobs in Michigan and overall was a “good” thing BUT…

Obama protected the UAW with billions of taxpayer dollars that we will never see again and that was an outright gift from Obama for what; future political support? - with OUR money?

Yes, the bailout was a huge success but at what cost? The same results would have occurred without bailing out the UAW.

This is my problem with Obama and I am not saying that I will not vote for him, but his love of unionism has got to be controlled if we are to maintain a “market economy” which means you cannot force unionism on companies like Obama has been tending to do, unions must live or die freely; forcing them onto workers is basic Communism and that obviously has not worked in the past…read your history.

I am having a big problem with Obama and his unionism and I will have to weigh that huge negative against, what I perceive are Obama positives like social liberalism.

The unions here in Michigan are trying to put on our ballot a CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT that will prohibit any attempts to rein in union power; making them untouchable…talk about the nerve.

While I was at the Canton Festival with my grandsons, we were constantly approached by people collecting signatures for placing issues on the November ballot…I said NO to all issues but my wife signed a few and even though this is our Democratic process in action, I feel those paid signature gatherers MISREPRESENT the issues and to me they are just scammers.

DO NOT SIGN ANY PETITIONS… the only way to be safe and not sorry for allowing some scammers to get on the ballot.









Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...