Saturday, February 05, 2011

TURNING 70: My sister is 70?

Yesterday, we celebrated a milestone in our family; my older sister Zenia, turned seventy…that’s right, the big 70.

She does not look 70 and is in pretty good health but the fact that one of my siblings turned 70 makes gives me pause…

It isn’t like we are getting any younger. I will turn 64 this year and my younger sister will be 63. I have a brother-in-law that will be 67 and my wife’s brother will be 69 so the 70s are around the corner for many of us but when the first person turns 70 it kind of seems special; good that the person made it to 70 but bad because time is slowly running out.

We had a good time at a local bar & grill and my mother also attended to help sing STO LAT. My mother who will be 89 this May must feel weird although she did not show it. Imagine having your first born turn 70; I can’t.






No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...