Saturday, March 19, 2011

UNIONS: Gangster Empires...

Brazilian Federal Highway Police at work.Image via Wikipedia
I just heard that public unions in Wisconsin (Police, Firefighters, etc.) are sending businesses letters in which the unions say you are either for us or against us and you need to show your support publicly or we will boycott your business.

I have always maintained that union power has come through intimidation and coercion; if they don’t get what they want they will strike your business and make sure that you are damaged into submission.

Unions will tell you that the only weapon they have to compel businesses to agree to their demands is the threat of financial damage or even ruin; they would be willing to kill the company and their jobs to prove a point?

I remember when I used to get phone calls from either the police department or fire department asking me to donate to their fund (which does what?). I always equated that type of phone call as an implied threat if you don’t cough up some bucks like we will let your house burn or will not show up if you call 911. Obviously that is not absolutely true but the implied threat is real if you perceive it to be real and that is why I always tell them that I do not appreciate those kind of phone calls and will NOT donate ever so get me off the call list and onto the “do not respond if called” list.

For public unions, especially those involved in public safety, to threaten people and businesses if they don’t support their demands is not only unconscionable but should be made a crime.

In fact, I hope everyone sees why public unions were illegal for so many years and why they should be made illegal again. The unions have turned into gangster empires and we need Eliot Ness to take them out again.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...