Friday, November 02, 2012

MI PROPOSALS: Pressing our HOT buttons...





The campaign promoting the Proposals here in Michigan has been totally infuriating and I would say, downright historical as nothing like this, I am sure, has ever been experienced by Michigan voters…ever.

I have read about how absolutely dirty American politics have been in our history but I think we have reached a new low in deceit and misinformation.

But I must admit that these very well crafted and researched campaigns of deceit are based on the fact that we as voters are wide open to being deceived with messages designed to hit our hot button. This hot button makes us believe something that may be utterly false but something WE WANT TO BELIEVE IS TRUE and that is the key that these people know about and use to influence us.

People have a natural bias that has developed over the years and we tend to gravitate to stories and messages that happen to support that bias and dismiss stories and messages that challenge our bias…and that is what these highly paid ad creators know about us and boy do they exploit that fact.

I am not immune to this phenomenon but knowing I am also subject to being mislead, I tend to go outside of my supporting comfort circle, and search out opinions of others that may not be as biased as mine and I especially look for thee opinions of people and organizations that can be objective because they look at both sides and choose the one that makes the most sense.

In the case of the Michigan Proposals, I tend to look at what the Newspapers say. Newspapers present both sides of an issue and then decide which side makes more sense for the benefit of the state as a whole or to the population of the state and not to a narrow band of special interests.

In our Michigan cases, the newspapers of the state have banded together to recommend what they feel is in all our best interests and in the matter of the Michigan Proposals, they all agree.

Vote yes on Proposal 1 and NO on all the rest.

I realize that many people do not read the newspapers and rely on the TV as their source of political date and that is a very bad source to use to make up our minds about the issues being presented.

Uninformed voters do a disservice to Michigan and to Michiganians. I urge you to do the right thing and find out the FACTS about issues and not allow professional but despicable marketers to convince you to vote against your own welfare.

YES on Proposal 1 and NO on all the rest.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...