Friday, November 16, 2012

UNION KILLS WONDER BREAD AND TWINKIES





Wouldn't be proper if I didn't throw in a “union” story…

HOSTESS – the maker of Twinkies, Wonder Bread and Ding Dongs FOR OVER 80 YEARS said it is going out of business because it cannot survive the strike called by its 18,000 employees.

I don’t have all the facts and it could be a ploy by the company to end the strike but the fact that 18,000 workers are willing to lose their jobs to prove their point is a little absurd.

A good rule of thumb to remember is DON’T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU.

The news about HOSTESS products brought back some memories. I haven’t eaten a Twinkie or any of the other Hostess products in decades but do remember getting Twinkies in my lunch bag and boy were they good…but probably really bad for you.

The other is Wonder Bread that builds strong bodies 12 ways. I heard that on TV over and over and over again. My mother preferred good ole Polish rye bread with a real crust so I had to beg her to get some Wonder Bread for toast. She called it “cotton” bread because it had no body to it and you could hardly spread anything on it but I had to have it because it was on TV.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...