Saturday, November 10, 2012

REPUBLICAN PARTY: Too white and backward?


The big question after the election is why did Romney lose and why did the Republicans lose once again after promising to do everything in their power to keep Obama a one term president.

I found it very interesting that the only group and I do mean the ONLY GROUP that supported Mitt Romney were WHITE MALES of a certain age.

I am a white male of a certain age so why am I in the minority in this group.



Many say that white men cannot stand change and want to live in the past, trying desperately to keep the future at bay…at least during their lifetime.

Sure I remember the good ole’ days fondly and relive some of my finer moments but then there were also not so fine moments.

Why did white men vote for Romney in such an overwhelming fashion? …Because he is white like them?

I remember when the Republican nominating race started and I remember telling you that if JON HUNTSMAN (another Mormon) was nominated, I would vote for him. Why? …because he was a fiscal conservative like I am but he was also a MODERATE when it came to social issues and I could live with that.

Huntsman was ignored right out of the gate with Republicans saying they need a true conservative, red neck thinking, bible thumping moron to carry them to victory…well, guess what…it didn’t lead them to victory because Romney could not flip-flop into being a moderate fast enough at the very end; the damage was done.

Many are saying that the Republicans need to change but I think they are who they are and the people that they represent today (red areas) need them to stay the same. What we need is a new Republican Party that stays true to fiscal conservatism but drops all the hatred, bigotry and religious nonsense and starts representing the modern American citizen.

Note:    Notice where all the red areas are on the map of the United States. Its blue in population areas but red in rural and Southern areas…nuf said.











Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

CONFEDERATE MONUMENTS: Stay or Go...

Another subject that I feel needs some clarification because it is so divisive among us is the issue of Confederate Monuments, why they ...